We Are Excited To Have You!
We have been busy making changes to enhance your well being. We have undergone more than 40 hours of training to understand what the best ways are to help you enjoy your vacation, while reducing the risk of exposure to Covid 19 to the best of our ability. While we still look forward to providing you a highly personalized experience in our small family run lodge, we have made a few changes to enhance everyone’s safety during these trying times.
Some Of The Things You Can Expect
- We and our guests practice social distancing and use face masks while in public spaces;
- Online check-in and, as far as possible, little contact during your check out
- You will find much of the information you need in the form of QR codes. Our information safely in the palm of your hands
- Hand sanitizing and touch free hand washing stations across the property;
- Enhanced room cleaning and increased sanitization of public spaces and high touch surfaces;
- Daily health checks for guests and employees;
- Designated ‘Isolation/Quarantine rooms’ for suspected Covid-19 cases and an action plan for handling suspected employees or guests.
Mandatory Health Insurance
Important Things to Consider Before You Travel to Belize
The Belize Tourism Board (BTB) is pleased to announce that the travel health insurance required from all visitors upon entry to Belize with effect from Feb. 15, 2022, is now available for purchase online at https://www.
belizetravelinsurance.com.The Belize Travel Insurance is mandatory and will help protect travelers against incurred medical and non-medical expenses, if they test positive for COVID-19 during their stay in Belize.The Insurance Plan, available for $18.00 US, provides coverage for up to $50,000 USD in medical expenses related to treatment of COVID-19 for a period of 21 days including lodging expenses due to quarantine up to $2,000 USD (max $300/day USD). Travelers will also be covered for emergency assistance services such as air evacuation and emergency expenses related to pre-existing conditions. Furthermore, it will also cover trip cancellations and expenses incurred by COVID-19 positive travelers for extended stays.
- Ensure you have purchased travel insurance: Even the most carefully planned vacation can be derailed by inclement weather or illness. And you want to make sure you are covered for medical expenses, quarantine expenses, or repatriation.
- Visitors must provide proof of a negative Covid 19 test, taken 72 hours prior to your arrival. If you haven’t been able to get tested prior to your arrival, you will be tested at the airport at your own expense.
- The use of face masks is mandatory within the airport, border points, and all public places. You will be fined if you are not wearing a mask in public.
- Your temperature will be taken at the international airport, as well as at your accommodations and for any tour you undertake with us or our trusted Gold Standard partners.
Some important entry highlights are listed below:
- The Belize Travel Insurance is available for purchase online at www.belizetravelinsurance.
comThis link is also available on the BTB websites at www.belizetourismboard.org and www.travelbelize.org
Please click HERE for a list of FAQ’s
- Airlines are not required to verify that a traveler has a purchased insurance policy upon check-in. Verification of travelers will take place at the Phillip Goldson International Airport in Belize by the Immigration Department of Belize.
- It is recommended that travelers purchase the Belize Travel Health Insurance prior to their travel to Belize. However, purchases can be made upon arrival at the Philip Goldson International Airport or at Belize’s land borders.
- Exempted from purchasing the insurance are QRPs, Belizeans & permanent residents, foreign homeowners, long-stay non-nationals, military personnel, Peace Corps, airline crew and persons in Belize for less than 24 hours are exempted.
- Please visit www.travelbelize.org/
health-safety/for more information on the Belize Safe Travel Requirements.
In the past year, Belize has implemented several traveler protocols to keep visitors feeling safe, including the Tourism Gold Standard Program which enables travelers to seamlessly plan their vacation with certified hotels and tour operators (an entry requirement). The new Travel Health Insurance mandate underscores Belize’s commitment to health and safety, enhancing travel confidence and giving visitors peace of mind to schedule that well-deserved vacation for 2022 and beyond.
Belize’s Safe Corridor
Here Are Some Helpful Telephone Numbers and Websites
That Will Provide The Most Up to Date Information
- Belize Tourism Board Information Line: 1-800-624-0686
- Website: belizetourismboard.org | www.travelbelize.org/health-safety/
- Ministry of Health Hotline: 0-800-MOH-CARE (664-2273)
- Relevant website: Covid19.bz
- US Embassy: 822-4011, website: bz.usembassy.gov
Please feel free to contact us anytime should you have any questions regarding reservations, itineraries or general information about travel in Belize. We are more than happy to help you plan your Belize Vacation!
Call ++501-832-7646 or ++501-622-8222 WhatsApp only
Martz Farm Treehouses and Cabañas Ltd.
8.5 Mls. Mollejon Road Benque Viejo del Carmen
P.O. Box 161 San Ignacio Town Cayo District
Belize, Central America